The Kansas City Symphony brings together music lovers and the most talented musicians, singers, and conductors, that create a magical performance every time. In fact, the Kansas City Symphony is recognized nationally and internationally as one of the most outstanding orchestras in America. With a Visitors’ Choice and Grammy® award, it’s clear that any visit to Kansas City should include catching an unforgettable show with this exceptional group of artists.
- The Music – Of course the number one reason to see a Kansas City Symphony performance is the amazing night of music you’ll enjoy. What you may not expect is the variety of music and types of performances. In addition to classical music, some shows include wonderful guest musicians and singers that perform many musical genres. There’s a show for anyone who enjoys great music.
- The Venue – The Kansas City Symphony is lucky to have its home at the elegant Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. All symphony performances are held in the center’s Helzberg Hall. The hall was designed with input from Yasu Toyota, a brilliant acoustician. The result is a space with unequaled acoustical quality. The oval 1,600-seat hall with a stage the extends into the center, creates an immersive experience for the audience.
- Elegant Dining – Before your show enjoy a relaxed, excellent meal that’s just a few steps from your seat. The Dining Experience at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts offers a fresh, seasonal modern American menu in a chic yet casual space. Make a reservation for a creative three-course dinner or walk-in to the cafe or bar area for a cocktail and small plates.
A romantic evening at the Kansas City Symphony calls for an equally romantic stay at a premier bed and breakfast. The beautiful Silver Heart Inn, located in charming Independence, MO offers all the comfort and elegance for a couple’s getaway. The quaint, historic city of Independence has a lively, walkable downtown that’s only a 20-minute drive away from Kansas City. Reserve your stay with us and add the magic of music to your trip with a Kansas City Symphony performance.
Pick the Perfect Kansas City Symphony Performance
The talented musicians of the Kansas City Symphony are masters of the classics such as Mozart and Beethoven. However, you’d be surprised at the variety of musical genres and guest artists that are included in the upcoming shows.
- Classical Favorites – Famous guest conductors and musicians join the Kansas City Symphony to bring the powerful classical pieces to life. Join guest conductor, Johannes Debus, for Beethoven’s Fourth Piano Concerto, and Schumann’s “Rhenish”. Violinist Midori brings her amazing talents to the Kansas City Symphony for an evening of glorious chamber music by Mozart and Beethoven. Michael Stern leads the orchestra while conducting Prokofiev’s Second Violin Concerto, Beethoven’s Fifth and Beethoven’s “Pastoral”.
- Classic Rock Favorites – Dust off your vinyl and get ready for a trip back to the 1960s and 1970s. The Kansas City Symphony offers three energizing classic rock concerts that will have you singing along. In celebration of the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary, a full rock band joins forces with the orchestra to play the iconic hits from the Stones. While the world’s best ABBA tribute band sounds even better with the talented Kansas City Symphony accompanying them. Then explore all the genres from the sixties from folk to rock and blues to country at the Sounds of the Sixties concert.
- Talented Singers – The powerful vocals of the guest singers are lifted up to dizzying heights with full, rich sounds of the Kansas City Symphony. The accomplished soprano Karina Gauvin performs Beethoven’s haunting Mass in C with the orchestra. Grammy Award® winner Michael Bolton sings his most beloved songs, specially arranged for symphony orchestra. Talented singers Capathia Jenkins and Tony DeSare, with Kansas City Symphony, recreate the magic of Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald in the Frank and Ella, Together Again performance.
After an enchanting evening enjoying a Kansas City Symphony show, return to your tranquil escape at the Silver Heart Inn. Our four luxurious guest suites and two intimate cottages are the perfect quiet retreat for a romantic vacation. Book your getaway to Independence, MO and surprise your loved one with the perfect gift, a night at the symphony.