A new year is here, which means an entire year full of adventures. Kansas City and nearby Independence, MO should definitely be on your “must-see” list this year. Kansas City is, without a doubt, one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri. It’s here that you’ll find all the big-city amenities you crave, but just enough of the quiet old-world charm you seek when you pair your trip with a stay at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO.
It’s hard to pinpoint what makes our Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri. There’s something magical about the mixture between the historic charm you’ll find in Independence, MO, and the vibrant arts and cultural scene you’ll find in downtown Kansas City, which is just a short drive away. Whether you’re looking for a restful getaway or a vibrant mix of restaurants, museums, shopping, and nightlife, you’ll find it here.
It’s genuinely the getaway of a lifetime. Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit our historic Bed and Breakfast, one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri. Book your room today!
One of the Most Unique Places to Stay in Missouri
Missouri is a pretty big state with plenty to see and do, but if you’re looking for one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri, it has to be Kansas City. There’s so much to do here, whether getting outdoors at the city’s many parks or greenways or embracing local arts and culture. When it comes to great getaways near Kansas City, nothing beats our historic Bed and Breakfast, located in the charming suburb of Independence, MO.
Independence, MO is beloved by all who visit for its historic charm, evident in the architecture around town and its beautiful surroundings. Our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO offers visitors the chance to relax and unwind in a way you simply can’t do at home, all while admiring and soaking up the local charm. We offer a choice between traditional Bed and Breakfast guest rooms, or private cottages for a more intimate getaway.
Our Bed and Breakfast offers guests the perfect blend of historic accommodations and casual elegance. We’re just far enough out of the city for a restful escape, but close enough for you to enjoy the city to the fullest. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
Regardless of what you plan to do during the day, each morning here will start with a delicious and hearty breakfast. It’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead. You definitely won’t go hungry here – and this is one of the many reasons our Bed and Breakfast is one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri.
The Best Things to do in Kansas City in 2022
There are plenty of reasons to consider Kansas City one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri. The city’s vibrant arts and culture scene, coupled with delicious food, plenty of shopping, and a myriad of ways to get outside, there’s really something for everyone here. And, truly, you get two destinations for one, with the historic town of Independence located just outside Kansas City.
There are virtually endless opportunities to get out on the trails here and plenty of great hiking, biking, paddling, and birdwatching for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. If you’re not into the outdoors or want a mix of adventure and culture on your trip, you can find that in Kansas City, too!
Depending on when you visit, there are more than enough things to do in Kansas City to keep you busy and having fun. We’ve broken our list of things to do in Kansas City by summer activities (which apply to spring, summer, and fall) and winter activities. It won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri!
Kansas City is ripe with opportunity during the summer, and don’t forget about the surrounding towns, like historic Independence. There are so many great things to do in Kansas City and the surrounding area. Whatever you choose to do, get ready for plenty of big adventures!
- Enjoy a late-night jazzy jam session at Mutual Musician’s Foundation. It’s been an institution in Kansas City’s Jazz scene for 100 years.
- Head to Art Alley in the East Crossroads Arts District, where you’ll find an eclectic mix of wall-to-wall graffiti art.
- Head to Manifesto for a delicious cocktail, set in an undeniably cool Speakeasy atmosphere and a prohibition-era favorite for people like Tom Pendergast and Al Capone.
- Get your hands on some of the best Kansas City BBQ. We recommend Plowboys in the Power & Light District.
- Head to West Bottoms, where you’ll enjoy plenty of antique shops and plenty of unique attractions.
- Visit the National Museum of Toys and Miniatures. They not only have the world’s largest collection of fine-scale miniatures, but they also have one of the largest collections of antique toys in the country.
- In Independence, visit the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum and the Harry S. Truman Home.
- Tour the historic homes in the Kansas City/Independence area, like the Bingham-Waggoner Estate and the Harvey M. Vaile Mansion.
- Another great thing to do in Independence is to visit the National Frontier Trails Museum.
- Learn about your own history at the Midwest Geneology Center.
- Walk or bike along the Little Blue Trace walking and biking trail, or one of the many parks and green spaces in Kansas City.
Peace and quiet, a bit of culture, and the restful escape you need. That is what winter in Kansas City is all about. There are plenty of things to do in Kansas City in the winter, and this opportunity for four seasons of fun is what makes this one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in Kansas City in the winter:
- If you’re a history buff, don’t miss this chance to explore the charming town of Independence, where you’ll find things like the Bingham Waggoner Mansion & Estate, Vaile Mansion, and Independence Square.
- Winter is a great time to enjoy dinners out at the best Kansas City restaurants, which include favorites like Le Fou Frog.
- Take in some live music a range of music venues in Kansas City like the Green Lady Lounge.
- Take the time to visit local wineries.
- Plan in an afternoon of laughs and visit Kansas City’s Up-Down, a classic gaming destination.
- There are a lot of great museums in Kansas City, too, for when you need a day inside away from the harsh elements outside.
If you’re ready to experience the best Kansas City has to offer, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri today!