There are so many great things to do in Kansas City – you won’t have the chance to be bored. While you’re exploring downtown and the area’s many attractions, you’ll need a place to eat! For that, we’d love to send you to some of the best restaurants in Kansas City for 2021. There are more restaurants in Kansas City than we can mention here – and they are all worthy of the praise. However, some stand out far above the rest as the best restaurants in Kansas City, and we’re thrilled to recommend them!
While you’re exploring all of the attractions and restaurants in downtown Kansas City, you’ll need a great place to stay. We can think of dozens of reasons to make our Bed and Breakfast in nearby Independence, MO your home away from home. Ultimately, though, we offer you the chance to sit back, relax, and enjoy the solitude at our historic Bed and Breakfast. We seamlessly blend the elegance of a bygone area with the modern creature comforts you crave. What results is one of the best getaways in Kansas City. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City Today!
10 Incredible Restaurants in Kansas City
So, what is it you’ll find at the best restaurants in Kansas City? Plenty of variety, to start! Every city the size of Kansas City is bound to offer plenty of variety in meals – that’s part of what makes navigating the restaurant scene so fun each and every time you visit! But there are a few signature foods Kansas City is known for.
If you haven’t yet eaten at the best restaurants in Kansas City, there are four dishes you’re going to want to keep an eye out for. They are burnt ends (a delicious BBQ spin-off), strip steak, cheesy corn, and chicken spiedini. These four dishes are unique to Kansas City, and individual takes on them can be found just about everywhere. You can read more about these unusually delicious Kansas City foods here.
With an introduction to the basics out of the way, here are some of the best restaurants in Kansas City to consider for 2021:
- Garozzo’s Ristorante, a delightful restaurant offering old-school classic Italian-American comfort food – not to mention their own versions of the Kansas City classics.
- Pigwich/Local Pig – the name probably says it all! Here, you’ll find sensational sandwiches piled high with locally sourced meats from the deli next door.
- You can’t leave Kansas City without eating a good steak, and for that, there’s nothing better than Golden Ox. The restaurant is located in a faithfully restored 1949 steakhouse in the historic Stockyards District, and they claim to be the birthplace of the famous Kansas City Strip. There’s a reason this is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Kansas City!
- Have you ever been to a Supper Club? Don’t miss your chance and head to Corvino Supper Club & Tasting Room. You’ll find something classic on the menu – fried chicken – but also something uniquely delightful: Seaweed donuts!
- Novel, as its name suggests, serves up an array of unique and creative dishes. It’s the perfect reflection of the Crossroads Arts District.
- The best restaurants in Kansas City aren’t all high-end, inventive eateries – sometimes a classic Smashburger and tots are all you need for an exceptional meal! You’ll find exactly that at Town Topic Hamburgers, a classic American Diner. Don’t forget the classic chocolate malt!
- Head to The Antler Room for their exquisite wine list, and deliciously curated plates that change with the season, and feature plenty of international flair.
- BBQ is an essential food in Kansas City, and you can get it at Gates Bar-B-Q. Not only is it one of the best restaurants in Kansas City, it’s one of the city’s oldest operating BBQ spots. It’s a great place to taste some of those famous burnt ends!
- If you’re looking for a romantic place for a date-night meal, head to CaVa. It’s a wine bar, so champagne and sparkling wine are the primary focus. However, their kitchen is a true hidden gem and offers plenty of delicious bites to compliment your wine.
- We’ll end our list with another sensational BBQ joint, once proclaimed by Anthony Bourdain as one of his “13 places to eat before you die.” Don’t let the gas-station vibe of Joe’s Kansas City BBQ fool you – that’s all part of its incredible charm!
The Best Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City!
There’s definitely no shortage of great restaurants in Kansas City, and many of them aren’t too far away from our Independence Missouri Bed and Breakfast, either! There’s no need to compromise on your getaway – enjoy the peace and quiet you crave, with easy access to downtown and the best restaurants in Kansas City.
This fall, the chance to stay at our Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City is an opportunity worth taking. From the moment you walk through our historic doors, you’ll feel right at home. There are four beautiful guest rooms in the main house, each decorated in a timelessly elegant style. We also offer two private cottages for an entirely different, but still plenty luxurious getaway!
In the morning, we’ll treat you to a sumptuous, homemade breakfast. We’re crazy about food and it shows! We enjoy using local foods and tailoring our breakfast menus to seasonal ingredients – and we think you’ll love it too! If you’re ready to enjoy this delicious breakfast, followed by a meal out at the best restaurants in Kansas City, then it’s time to visit. Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO!