Plan a romantic bed and breakfast getaway in the new year and discover your own peaceful retreat in Independence, MO. Leave all the hustle and stress of the holiday season behind and start the new year off right. Treat yourself to a serene vacation with your sweetheart. The charming, historic town of Independence has everything needed for a lovers’ hideaway. The quaint downtown offers great dining, shopping, and even local beer and wine tastings. History buffs will enjoy stepping back in time on local historic home tours, while other days can be spent wandering lovely parks and hiking trails. However, if you also want the energy of a major city, Kansas City is less than a 30 minute drive away. There couples can enjoy a Kansas City Symphony, Ballet or Lyric Opera performance.
The Silver Heart Inn has everything needed for the perfect romantic bed and breakfast getaway. All the modern comforts are found in our four beautifully appointed rooms, each with its own unique theme. Additionally, our two charming cottages offer guests maximum privacy with their own kitchen and laundry. All our guests wake each day to a creative seasonal breakfast, made with fresh local ingredients. You’ll be rested and ready for another day of exploring historic Independence Square just a mile from our front door. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us today and start dreaming of your romantic bed and breakfast escape.
5 Must-Do’s on a Romantic Bed and Breakfast Getaway to Independence
The draw of Independence comes from its quaint, small-town warmth and charm. Walk the historic streets, shop at the small locally owned stores, stop at the old-fashioned soda fountain shop (where Harry S Truman landed his first job) and tour the beautifully preserved homes. This tranquil town also boasts great restaurants, excellent wineries and fun breweries. Then top off your romantic bed and breakfast escape on a long relaxing walk in a local park or along a pristine lake. Create your own perfect getaway:
- A Romantic Dinner – What could be more romantic than stepping into
Café Verona and being greeted by a mural of Botticelli’s Birth of Venus? Perhaps sharing a bottle of excellent wine with a delicious Italian dish. What began as Independence’s first hardware store in 1907, has now become one of its most romantic cafes. Couples love the creative menu at Ophelia’s Restaurant that includes American classics with an international twist. Enjoy modern American dining in a lovely setting at Vivilore, then browse their art gallery and antique store for an original gift for your loved one.
- Visit a Winery or Brewery – Independence’s town center, historic Independence Square has one of each. Top Hat Winery offers flights of sweet wines, glasses of hard ciders and a small bites menu. 3 Trails Brewing Company has a sunny, spacious taproom that serves their great brews and beer-infused pizza. Elsewhere in Independence, sit back and sip a seasonal brew in Apex Aleworks welcoming taproom. The relaxed atmosphere invites visitors to stay awhile, play one of their board games and order from the creative menu. The short drive to Mallinson Vineyard & Hall in Sugar Creek, MO is worth it! They have a great, scenic patio to stretch out on during the warmer months and also fun weekend events.
- Take a Romantic Walk or Hike – Walking hand-in-hand along a winding trail with views of waterfalls, rivers and pretty forests is romantic in any season. Discover the beautiful walking trails, conservation areas and grand parks of Independence. For a short, easy walk visit Waterfall Park and stroll the 1.2 mile trail next to an 18-acre lake. The Little Blue Trace Trail offers a lovely 11-mile hiking and bicycling trail within the park’s 1,856 acres that borders the charming Little Blue River. For an all day excursions into nature, the Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area and George Owens Nature Park both include miles of hiking trails and interactive exhibits at their nature centers.
- Explore Historic Independence – Independence is known for its rich history and many beautifully restored homes open for guided tours. Step back in time and explore how the wealthy and famous figures of Independence lived. Admire the craftsmanship of the period while visiting the stunning 31 rooms of Vaile Mansion, built in 1881. George Caleb Bingham, the famous 19th century American artist and Missouri politician, was the original owner of the Bingham-Waggoner Estate. This gorgeous mansion’s 20 acre grounds are now a lovely public park as well. However, the most famous house is the graceful home of president Harry S Truman. The Truman Home is where he and his wife, Bess Wallace, raised a family and enjoyed their retirement.
- See a Show in Kansas City – Less than a 30 minute drive from Independence enjoy world-class concerts, dance and opera. The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts offers visitors a wide choice of great entertainment. As the official home of the Kansas City Ballet, Symphony and Lyric Opera it’s where everyone can enjoy the arts.
Make some wonderful memories and plan your romantic bed and breakfast vacation to charming Independence MO. The beautiful Silver Heart Inn is your perfect lovers retreat, where you can relax in a luxurious guest suite and also have easy access to all the area attractions. Book your well-deserved getaway with us for a wonderful start to the new year!