There are plenty of reasons to visit us at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO this summer. Though we understand travel may not be at the forefront of your mind tnis summer, small properties like ours can make ideal getaways and even staycations. The city of Independence MO is known for its incredible history and attractions, including the Truman Library and Museum. It’s also easy to enjoy all of the best things to do in Kansas City without having to stay in the crowded city itself.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO has been rated the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the area on TripAdvisor. One stay here, and you’ll see why. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to another place. Our Inn is a remnant of bygone days, yet you’ll still enjoy the modern creature comforts we all crave when staying somewhere other than home. Immerse yourself in some of the country’s most significant history, and book your room at our #1 Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO today!
Stay at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO This Summer
Join us in Independence, MO this summer, and retrace the steps of American’s beginnings. There are plenty of things to do right here in Independence, MO, including learning more about President Truman, visiting Civil War sights, or understanding America’s pioneers. Beyond that, Independence is home to a number of great parks, restaurants, and attractions worth seeing.
As the country begins to reopen in the wake of COVID-19, many of us will be rethinking our travel plans throughout the remainder of the year. Traveling to small towns like Independence, MO will become increasingly popular, as will staying at small boutique properties like ours. We hope you consider visiting this incredible town, and make our Bed and Breakfast your home away from home. When you do visit, here are a few of our favorite things to do near our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO.
- Visit the Civil War Sights around town, including the location of the famed Battle of Independence in 1862.
- Enjoy some delicious comfort food at the restaurants in downtown Independence, MO. The city of Independence is a surprisingly good place for foodies to enjoy. Not only that, but we’re not too far form the incredible food options available in Kansas City.
- Get in touch with your own family history at the Midwest Genealogy Center, the nation’s largest free-standing public family history library. Given that Independence was the starting point for so many pioneers heading west, it has long been considered one of the best places to trace your familial history.
- Take a mule-drawn covered wagon ride through Independence, Mo, and get a taste for at least one part of pioneer life. While you’re at it, visit the National Frontier Trails Museum, the only museum of its kind devoted to the three great western routes: the Santa Fe, Oregon and California Trails.
- Get outside, take a breath of fresh air, and enjoy the outdoors. The Little Blue Trace Trail is perfect for bikers. It offers 14 miles of trails that meander along the river through the Little Blue Trace Nature Reserve. There are also a number of walking and hiking trails in the area.
It’s important to note the absence of the Truman Library and Museum from our list. It is one of the top attractions in Independence MO., but it’s been closed since 2019 for extensive renovations. It’s expected to open in the fall of 2020, and when it does. it should definitely be at the top of your list of things to do near our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO.
Stay Small at our Bed and Breakfast
The act of staying at small Inns is probably one of the smartest things you can do when it comes to upcoming travel and staycations. Our Inn features just four beautifully appointed guest rooms in our main house, and we also offer private cottages for you to rent. You can be assured that there will never be large crowds at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO, thus offering you a getaway that is as safe and clean as possible.
For even more private accommodations, choose to stay in our cottages. Our cottages are perfect for business travelers, those looking for even more privacy, and those wanting to stay for an extended period of time. Both cottages have full kitchens and comfortable accommodations, as well as free use of our open-air spa tub in the common area. Whatever it is you’re looking for in a getaway or staycation this summer, you’re sure to find it at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO this summer. Book your room with us today!