This summer is going to be all about vacations that are close to home, and possibly a little different than what you’re used to. Getting outside and enjoying things like biking along the Little Blue Trace Trail near Independence, MO is going to be at the top of the list of things to do in the area. Luckily, there are plenty of parks to enjoy in both Independence and nearby Kansas City, so getting outside and keeping some social distancing while visiting us is easy.
We not only offer you a traditional Bed and Breakfast experience in our main house, where we have 4 beautiful and uniquely decorated guest rooms, but we also offer a completely new way to stay in our private and well-appointed cottages. You’ll never be faced with large crowds here, which means social distancing can be a healthy part of your stay. Explore the incredible cities of Independence and Kansas City this summer, and book your room at our Bed and Breakfast today!
Discover the Little Blue Trace Trail This Summer
The Little Blue Trace Trail is located just outside of Kansas City and Independence, and is great for biking and walking. The trail extends for 15. 1 miles as it meanders along the Little Blue River. The Little Blue Trace Trail is a popular trails for both locals and visitors. At this time of year, there are abundant wildflowers in bloom along the trail. As you move from one of end of the trail, there are a number of things to see.
There are several old train trestles that pass over the trail at certain points, a reminder of this trails historic past as a railroad. About halfway along the trail, there’s also a small waterfall. Make sure you stop and snap a photo! The scenery along the trail and river is beautiful this time of year, and overall it’s a great way to get outside and enjoy the afternoon. The best way to access the Little Blue Trace Trail is actually at the southern end, where’s there’s ample parking at the nearby Hartman Heritage Center.
More Kansas City Bike Trails
The Little Blue Trace Trail isn’t the only great bike trail near us, though. Kansas City is actually a pretty bike-friendly city. There are a number of bike trails traversing neighborhoods and the downtown core. A few of our favorite bike trails in Kansas City, other than the Little Blue Trace Trail, include the following:
- The Gary Haller Trail on the west side of Kansas City, which is a 17-mile paved trail that follows Mill Creek. The trail actually starts in the middle of the Kansas River on Nelson Island, and from there heads south. Shawnee Mission Park is a great place to hop on the trail and start your journey, as there are beautiful sections of the trail both to the north and south of here.
- The Indian Creek Trail is another 17-mile paved trail that traverses large swaths of the city, and truly gives you the feeling of being outside of the city. Much of the trail is shaded and relatively flat, so it’s a popular one on hot summer days.
- The Heritage Riverfront Trail follows the banks of the Missouri River in downtown Kansas City for 15 miles, with plenty of pitstops to make along the way. It’s a great way to explore Kansas City for a day, hopping on and off the trail as needed to venture out and see more of the city.
- Head out to the Trolley Track Trail and make your way through some of the most charming neighborhoods of Kansas City. It’s very much in the urban heart of the city, and there are a number of great lunch spots to enjoy along this 6 mile stretch of trail.
- If you want to get in a little mountain biking, head to the Swope Park, where 13. 5 miles of trails wind through the park.
Stay Small & Stay Safe Near Kansas City
Whatever it is you plan to do in Kansas City and Independence MO this summer, whether it’s biking the Little Blue Trace Trail or one of these others, fishing, and enjoying the great outdoors, or discovering the rich cultural heritage of this area, there’s no doubt you’ll want to choose the safest place to stay. With only 4 guest rooms and two private cottages, you can be ensured that our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO takes your health and safety seriously.
Unlike at large hotels, there will never be large crowds here. Our fully equipped cottages make for the perfect home away from home, and a nice change of scenery. Get out and explore this summer, and book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO today!