Independence, MO is one of the oldest cities in the state and offers plenty of exciting history and adventure. Though many of our guests love to dine out in vibrant Kansas City, there are some really great restaurants in Independence MO that you won’t want to miss. The best part is most of them aren’t too far from our Independence MO Bed and Breakfast.
The Silver Heart Inn is the premier Bed and Breakfast in Independence, Missouri. With only four guest rooms and two charming cottages, we offer a much quieter and more personalized stay than a traditional hotel chain. Our Inn is set in a beautiful historic house as well, lending the elegance of Independence’s Bygone era to your stay, while still offering the finest in modern, luxurious appointments.
Whether you’re coming to Independence to research your past at the Midwest Geneology Center or to experience what life was like for our country’s early pioneers, or maybe just looking for a quiet place to stay while you adventure through Kansas City, you’ll find that there’s no lodging that compares to our Independence MO Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
The Best Restaurants in Independence MO for 2022
Independence is a key part of the greater Kansas City metro area, which means it shouldn’t come as a surprise that there are some pretty great restaurants in Independence, MO. It’s actually one of the largest suburbs of Kansas City and is home to hundreds of fantastic places to eat.
Restaurants in Independence, MO features all types of cuisine, too. Whether you’re looking for upscale fine dining, simple Kansas-City style Barbecue, or your favorite ethnic cuisine, we bet you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for among the top restaurants in Independence, Mo. Though there are so many more to choose from, here are 10 of our favorite restaurants in Independence, MO to try in 2022.
- Though there are plenty of places to grab some delicious and world-famous Kansas City Barbecue inside the city limits, there are also some restaurants in Independence, MO offering their take on this local staple! Try Gates Bar-B-Q and A Little BBQ Joint,
- Head to Ophelia’s, where you’ll not only find some BBQ, but also some fine Amerian-style dining on Independence’s famed historic square. The bar and food menus are exceptional.
- If you want to dine where the locals dine and are in some mood for some good old comfort food, you can’t go wrong with The Corner Cafe.
- V’s Italiano Ristorante is one of the best Italian restaurants in Independence, MO. It’s a great place to go when you’re in the mood for a romantic dinner out. Cafe Verona is another excellent option for Italian food and a romantic ambiance.
- For a sophisticated and delicious dining experience, head to Vivilore. Their courtyard is enchanting and a great place to dine outdoors when the weather warms up.
- For a cozy and fun pub environment, head to The Courthouse Exchange. Their burgers and beers are excellent!
- If you’re looking for a fun diner experience and happen to love hot dogs, don’t miss Eat Up Dog. They’ll be closed until April, but we promise, it’s worth the way if this is what you’re into!
- Speaking of old-time vibes, stop into Clinton’s Soda Fountain for an old-fashioned milkshake or sundae. There’s nothing better on a hot summer’s day.
- For a true Kansas City classic, don’t miss Dixon’s Famous Chili. This Kansas City-style staple is served in one of three ways (dry, soupy, or juicy), and then topped however you wish, with things like ketchup, sour cream, grated cheese, and jalapeño relish.
The Best Place to Stay in Independence MO
If the thought of these nine amazing restaurants in Independence, MO has tickled your taste buds, then it’s time to book a room at our Bed and Breakfast or cottages and stay for a few days. Silver Heart Inn is, without a doubt, the best place to stay in Independence, MO, not to mention in the greater Kansas City area!
There’s something special about mixing Independence’s historic charm with the vibrant arts and cultural scene you’ll find in downtown Kansas City, and it’s this blend that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in Missouri. Whether you’re looking for a restful getaway or a vibrant mix of restaurants, museums, shopping, and nightlife, you’ll find it here.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Independence MO offers visitors the chance to relax and unwind in a way you simply can’t do at home. Moreover, we’ll start your day off right with a freshly prepared and hearty breakfast. It’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead.
There’s nothing quite like staying at our historic Bed and Breakfast in Independence, MO. We invite you to see it for yourself this year while you explore this amazing area. Book your room at one of the most unique places to stay in Missouri today!