Our Romantic Cottages near Kansas City are the perfect way to reconnect to that special someone in the new year! When visiting Kansas City you’ll need a quiet and tranquil escape to come back to. Located just about 20 minutes outside of the city, our Independence inn and cottages are the best getaways you’ll find. You can explore the city and all of the amazing things to see and do there and be back in time to enjoy a cozy dinner in your cottage and a relaxing evening without any outside interactions.
Escape to our historic Missouri bed and breakfast for the respite you’ve been needing! Enjoy the ambiance of a time gone by at our bed and breakfast located in Independence Missouri just steps away from the historic Independence Square and the Harry Truman Library. Our 4 beautifully appointed rooms and 2 quaint cottages are set up with your utmost comfort in mind. We serve a delectable breakfast made with local and seasonal ingredients to get your day started right! If you are ready for the perfect place to get away to that’s just outside Kansas City, book your stay at our Independence bed and breakfast today!
Our Romantic Cottages Near Kansas City
Kansas City has many things to enjoy, see and do. But after a day in the city, you’ll need a serene, and calm place to rest your head away from the hustle and bustle. Our quiet and private cottages are just the spot you’ll need after a day of sightseeing. The two casual cottages are fully equipped for everything you need. Here are 3 great reasons to stay in our romantic cottages near Kansas City.
- We offer two uniquely appointed romantic cottages near Kansas City each with its own ambiance and decor. The Wren is a quaint English country style with elegant and classic furnishings. In this comfortable setting, you’ll be able to put your feet up and enjoy a romantic night in, making dinner and watching a movie. At the Beach cottage, you’ll feel as if you are spending the night out by sea, complete with a boardwalk over pebbles, and an outdoor fire pit to enjoy a pleasant evening. No matter which cottage you choose you’ll feel as if you are at your home away from home in these cozy and romantic cottages near Kansas City.
- Our romantic cottages near Kansas City are completely private with minimal interruptions to your time spent here. Linger all day if you wish as there is maid service available every third day. Enjoy having your own private entrance in your fully equipped cottage. Focus on each other and turn up the romance!
- The amenities of our romantic cottages near Kansas City include a full kitchen where you can create a romantic dinner for two, complimentary streaming Netflix to curl up and watch a movie, an electric fireplace to get cozy next to, and free use of the relaxing open-air spa tun in the common area. In our cottages, you and your loved one can get away to your own personal and secluded world.
Things to do in Kansas City this Winter
From world-class museums to incredible restaurants and shopping there is always something to do and see in this dynamic city! Winter doesn’t mean the fun stops here. There are year-round opportunities to experience the Kansas City culture for those who seek it out. Here are some of the best things to do in Kansas City this winter.
- Kansas City is known for its great barbeque so why not try out one or more of its BBQ establishments. Places like Joe’s Kansas City Barbeque, Scott’s Kitchen, Gates BBQ, and Slap’s BBQ are just some of the many restaurants where owners and staff share a passion and care for barbeque and it shows!
- There is a lot of shopping to be done in Kansas City in the winter, but if you are looking for the perfect souvenir head over to one of the many Made In Kansas City boutiques scattered throughout the city.
- If you want some active time in the city a fun way to enjoy the winter is to go ice skating. Both the Crown Center Ice Terrace and The Ice at Park Place are outdoor facilities and are open for most of the winter season.
- If you are looking to hit the slopes this winter, Snow Creek, in Weston, MO is a great place for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. They offer equipment rental and lessons.
- Take advantage of the many incredible and informative museums that are available to explore in Kansas City. Home to the National WWI Museum and Memorial, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, these varied museums are sure to be an interesting and informative part of your trip here.
The Best Independence Lodging
Let our Independence bed and breakfast set the stage for your perfect escape. Our inn will transport you back to a bygone era where you can slow down and appreciate the little things. Our historic house and cottages have an elegant yet comfortable and casual ambiance to help you relax and unwind. Our guest suites feature beds fitted with luxurious linens and plush bedding to help you get a restful night’s sleep.
Here you’ll find the most romantic cottages near Kansas City where you can find true seclusion and privacy. Indulge in the complimentary streaming Netflix for a cozy night in. Cook your own meals with the one you love. If you want the most incredible place to stay outside of Kansas City in Independence, MO, book your room today!