The New Year often comes along with resolutions, and our favorite goal for 2023 is to travel more! Thankfully, our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast is ideal for romantic getaways in Missouri! Instead of booking a cookie-cutter hotel, you’ll step back into time surrounded by the old-world charm and unique elegance of our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast. It’s the perfect place to reconnect and relish with your life partner, all while creating unforgettable memories in this beautiful part of the country.
Another excellent resolution is to spend more time with the people you love most. We easily get distracted in the day-to-day toils of modern life, making it ever-important to slow down and nourish the most cherished and close relationships. That’s exactly what your agenda will involve on your stay at Silver Heart Inn—the premiere couples retreat near Kansas City. Your romantic getaways in Missouri will begin the minute you arrive at our historic bed and breakfast and step foot into your private and elegant guest room, designed to be the ultimate place to connect and relax.
Things to do on Romantic Getaways in Missouri for 2023
While we don’t blame you if your romantic getaways in Missouri involve rarely leaving the Inn, however, if you’re the kind of couple that connects best on adventures and exploring, you’ll find plenty of fun and romantic things to do in Kansas City!
From outdoor adventures to relaxing dinners out, there are plenty of romantic things to do in Kansas City. We believe almost any activity can be romantic when you’re with the right person! Here are our favorite suggestions on how to enjoy your romantic getaways in Missouri:
- Country Club Plaza: Take in the architecture, fountains, sights, and sounds of this fantastic 15-block stretch with romantic horse-drawn carriage rides or gondola rides on Brush Creek. This area is known as a shopping and culinary hub in Kansas City.
- Loose Park: Just off of Country Club Plaza, you’ll find a beautiful urban green space to explore with manicured rose gardens, impressive fountains, and an easily accessible walking path.
- Old Red Bridge Love Locks: Head to Minor Park in Kansas City and solidify your love with a time-old romantic gesture—find the perfect spot to place your lock that represents your bond together! A lovely addition to any of your romantic getaways in Missouri.
- Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: Stroll along the pathways hand and hand. Depending on the time of year, you’ll be surrounded by hills of wildflowers or fiery fall foliage in the autumn months.
- French Cuisine at Le Fou Frog: Known as the best French restaurant in Kansas City, you’ll experience an intimate dinner here on any of your romantic getaways in Missouri. The dim lighting and candles set the mood!
- Green Lady Lounge: For mellow jazz and fancy cocktails, head to this well-known club for a romantic evening by candlelight.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art: As one of the leading contemporary collections in Missouri, heading to this museum is a wonderful date idea. Stop into Café Sebastienne for a drink surrounded by works of art and the sound of live music.
- The Culinary Center of Kansas City: One of the best bonding experiences for your romantic getaways in Missouri is a guided cooking class at this culinary hub in Kansas City.
- Gaming at the Up-Down: For a little bit of nostalgia, head to this gaming lounge in Kansas City. Challenge each other with those old-school games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Even better with a craft cocktail!
- Explore Independence, Missouri: For those who want to stick close by our bed and breakfast in Missouri, you’ll want to explore our charming small town of Independence. History buffs will love touring the Harry S. Truman home and the Presidential Library and Museum. Outdoor lovers will want to hit the Little Blue Trace Trail, a 15-mile stretch along the river for hiking and biking.
Get Cozy at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast
Our well-appointed and artfully styled guest rooms represent the perfect combination of past and present. You’ll have all of the creature comforts needed throughout your stay, but also relish in an old-world ambiance. We include a range of fantastic modern amenities, including gas or electric fireplaces to cozy up to and enjoy a bottle of wine, complimentary streaming on Netflix so you can cuddle up and watch your favorite series, and use of our open-air spa tub.
We also offer two secluded cottages for even more private and intimate romantic getaways in Missouri. Our charming cottages have full kitchens, electric fireplaces, laundry facilities, and much more! Whichever lodging accommodation you choose, you’ll quickly see why happy couples return to visit our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast year after year to celebrate milestones, anniversaries, and their love for each other. Book your room today!