More and more couples are seeking lodging accommodations that add a sense of romance and flair to their memorable getaways, and our elegant Kansas City Bed and Breakfast in the suburb of Independence, MO, is one of the best places to stay! The intimate scale of our property—with four cozy guest rooms and two separate cottages—creates the perfect atmosphere to reconnect and unwind, and we, as Innkeepers, can offer the highest caliber of service.
Equally, those traveling with friends or family have found our boutique property ideal for group trips and gatherings. There is plenty of space for guests to spend time together and then retreat back to the privacy of their own room or cottage at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast. We also love to host special events, including immersive Murder Mystery Dinners, and we’re the perfect venue for small weddings and elopements.
Our location in Independence, MO, is ideal for escaping from the city, but we’re also close enough to all of the best things to do in Kansas City. It’s the best of both worlds: you’ll be set back on the road less traveled in our charming small town, but only a quick drive to the sights and sounds of the City of Fountains. Start planning your next gateway in the new year, and book your lodging at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast today!
Best Kansas City Bed and Breakfast for Getaways this Year
From the moment you step through the doors of our historic Kansas City Bed and Breakfast, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time to another place. Our Inn is a remnant of bygone days, yet you’ll still enjoy the modern creature comforts we all crave when staying somewhere other than home.
Here’s what to expect when you choose our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast as your destination:
- Warm and Welcoming Hospitality: We love welcoming new and return guests! As a small-scale property, we can give the proper time and attention to ensuring those joining us have everything they need. This starts from the moment you arrive until the minute you depart.
- Elegant Accommodations: With only four beautiful guest rooms and two detached cottages, you’ll love the privacy and peace our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast affords. Our guest rooms are romantic and tailored for couples or solo travelers. The cottages provide a space with kitchens and laundry facilities for those planning an extended getaway. All rooms have every modern comfort you need to fully unwind and relax.
- Complimentary Amenities: Our on-site spa room is one of the most memorable amenities. Unwind in our warm space with soothing spa jets on the open-air porch, including a comfortable sitting area overlooking the garden. Complimentary for all guests.
- Beautiful Breakfast Service: Each morning, our kitchen comes to life with delicate aromas and murmurs as the chef prepares an elegant and flavorful breakfast for each guest. Our menu rotates daily and includes seasonal and local ingredients whenever possible. We have delectable recipes for vegetarian, gluten-free, low-fat, diabetic, and other special situations. Just let us know of any restrictions or requests you might have at the time of your reservation.
- Small Event Venue & Special Dinners: If you’re planning an upcoming family gathering, reunion, or petite wedding, our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast is the perfect event venue near Kansas City! You can reserve the entire Inn for up to 30 guests, and we can even work out the details for special activities, including our popular Murder Mystery dinner series.
Fun Things to Do In Independence, MO, near our B&B
Join us this year in Independence, MO, and explore the roots of America. There are numerous exciting activities and things to do in Independence, MO, such as discovering more about President Truman, visiting Civil War sites, or exploring America’s pioneers. Additionally, Independence boasts a variety of excellent parks, restaurants, and attractions that are worth exploring.
Here are the top things to do in Independence, MO, during your stay at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast:
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum: A trip to Independence wouldn’t be complete without stopping by this historic Library and Museum—the exhibits chronicle former President Truman’s political career and personal life. You can also visit the Harry S. Truman Home, a National Historic Site that was the longtime home of the former President.
- Tour the Vaile Mansion: The 1881 Vaile Mansion is a stunning example of Victorian architecture. The mansion was built for a prominent businessman, Harvey M. Vaile, and it is a beautiful reminder of this historic city’s past today.
- Explore the Bingham Waggoner Estate: Make time to tour the 1852 Bingham-Waggoner Estate, a historic 26-room mansion on 19 beautiful acres in the heart of our charming small town, open for tours and events.
- America’s History at the National Frontier Trails Museum: This museum is dedicated to the three famous western trails: Santa Fe, Oregon, and California. It’s the only one of its kind and offers a unique glimpse into pioneer life. After exploring the museum, you can take a mule-drawn covered wagon ride through the city of Independence, Missouri, and experience a taste of what life was like on the trails.
- Best Restaurants in Independence, MO: There are so many lovely dining opportunities near our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast. Our charming small town is known for its delicious barbeque, classic Italian eateries, and romantic spaces for an elegant meal.
For more personalized recommendations or reservations, feel free to ask your Innkeepers at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast during your stay. Of course, this is just the beginning of things to do in Independence, and you’ll find even more adventures just a quick drive away in downtown Kansas City. We can’t wait to host you; get your next trip on the calendar and book your lodging today!