There are so many fantastic things to do in Kansas City, even in the wintertime. We’re used to the snowy season here, so the roads remain relatively clear, and the cold weather doesn’t slow the city down one bit. Kansas City is the largest metropolitan area in Missouri—well known for the jazz scene, delicious barbeque, loyal sports fans, and a lovely selection of museums and theaters. With all of these great things to do in Kansas City, you’ll find plenty of excellent activities to fill your itinerary for an unforgettable getaway.
Your vacation is made even better when you stay at Silver Heart Inn—a premier Kansas City Bed and Breakfast—just about 20 minutes from the downtown core. Our historic Inn is intimate, with only four artfully appointed guest suites in the main house and two private and romantic cottages, fully equipped for a restful stay. You’ll never have to worry about crowds or noise, creating the perfect ambiance for couples’ getaways or relaxing solo retreats.
The Best Things to do in Kansas City this Winter
Wintertime is for holiday shopping, enjoying the crisp white snow, and spending quality time with the people you love. You’ll find all that and more when staying at Silver Heart Inn. Be sure to join us at our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast for your morning meal before heading out to explore all of the best things to do in Kansas City.
Here are the top ten things to do in Kansas City during your stay:
- Skating at Crown Center Ice Terrace: This longtime outdoor ice skating rink is celebrating its 50th season this year, welcoming novice and experienced skaters alike to enjoy this favorite cold-weather activity.
- Shopping at Country Club Plaza: Head to this historic district and shopping area for the best holiday gifts and to view the festive decor.
- Holiday Light and Magic: Take this one-mile drive through the sparkling lights and displays. You’ll experience all of the fun from the warmth of your own vehicle.
- Tour the Local Museums: Heading to the museums is one of the most popular things to do in Kansas City; some must-sees are the American Jazz Museum, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- Kansas City Fountains: Explore the downtown area, and you’ll see quickly why Kansas City is nicknamed the “City of Fountains.” There are more than 200 beautiful examples scattered around the town.
- Kansas City BBQ: There are enough amazing barbeque restaurants in Kansas City that Eater put together a list of the top 14 places to check out during your visit.
- Grab a Pint at the Local Breweries: The craft brewery scene has turned Kansas City into one of the country’s fastest-growing beer destinations. Be sure to check out Boulevard Brewing Company and Alma Mader Brewing.
- Live Jazz Music: The City of Fountains was also put on the map for the fantastic jazz scene. On any given night, you’ll hear music drifting through the air. One of the best things to do in Kansas City is Head to 18th and Vine, a great place to start your night off right.
- Tour the Library: The Central Library in downtown Kansas City is a lovely and quiet place to visit during your stay. Take in the beautiful architecture and view the skyline from the rooftop terrace.
- Kansas City Zoo: Visiting the zoo is one of the best things to do in Kansas City all year round! This local zoo is known for its penguin exhibit in particular.
One of the Best Places to Stay Near Kansas City
Whether you’re looking to relax or experience the best adventures in Missouri (or the perfect mix of both), there’s no better place to stay this winter than our Kansas City Bed and Breakfast, located just 20 minutes outside the city in Independence, MO, offering you the best of both worlds. You can spend your days exploring the best things to do in Kansas City and the evenings enjoying the relaxing ambiance of our B&B in the charming small town of Independence.
At The Silver Heart Inn, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of hospitality possible. Sit back, curl up by the fire, grab your favorite book, and let the relaxation begin! We’re here to cover all the other details, and you’ll have everything you need for a restful getaway. Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City Today!